Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Movie 2 Review: Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark






You'd think that after seeing parodies of the movies for so long that I'd see an Indiana Jones Movie. However, this is not the case. "Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark" is the first Indiana Jones Movie I have seen in my 25 Years of existence.

Harrison Ford plays the lead of our intrepid adventurer, and it's odd for me to see him in this as I know it's Ford, the same guy who played Han Solo, but it sure doesn't look like him. Other cast members include Karen Allen as the love interest Marion Ravenwood, Paul Freeman as rival Dr. René Belloq, & John Rhys-Davies as the resident digger Sallah.

The plot revolves around a race in 1936 to see who can find the Lost Ark of the Covenant which had some clues recently uncovered by the Nazi Army, thank goodness Shocker wasn't involved. It's an action film that I'm sure is nostalgic to others of my generation, as well as a new generation thanks to the Lego Video Game Series. Every now and then you just want a blood boiling movie to excite and entertain you and this is the kind movie that can satiate that thirst. The music is also exceptional as I'm sure you all know, John Williams knows his stuff.

I have an appreciation for this kind of film as they are based on the old Serials of the 30s & 40s, which was the same inspiration of the modern day Tokusatsu shows. Bad Guys do bad stuff, the Hero/es come/s in and saves the day. It's simple format makes for an easy to understand movie/tv show. You don't have to be complex to be good.

However, I don't think I would have liked this movie when I was younger. I'm barely able to handle today shows like GARO & movies like The Mummy, and can't handle Horror well at all. So, it's better for me to have seen it now than back then as I think I have a better impression of the film than otherwise.

Moral of the Story though from this movie...Don't piss off God.

Flickchart Rankings
Worldwide: 5
Tack Angel: 341

No comments:

Post a Comment