Thursday, October 7, 2010

The start of new things

So 25 Movie Reviews done out of the goal being 100. At 25%, I'm quite happy with the results.

Yes, I could have done more, but as with all things, it doesn't always pan out the way we hope.

The REAL goal was to try and get my creative juices flowing again after stagnation for so many years and I feel I at least cracked open the shell of my hardened creativity.

So what does this mean for this blog? Well, many things, many New things.

I will now be converting this blog into my interests blog.

What does that mean?

Well it means that you'll still get Movie reviews but that will not be the bulk of what appears on this site.

You'll also be getting Video Game News, Previews, and Reviews (All in shortened, meaty, format).

You'll also be getting Reviews of other things that catch my fancy such as Anime, Wrestling, as well as Japanese, American, & other International Tokusatsu (Traditional Special Effects) Movies and Shows.

So with all that requires a name change, and as you can see in the title of this blog and the new url (http://northernlightsaltair.blogspot.com/ Update your Bookmarks and RSS) the new name is "At the Corner of Northern Lights & Altair".

What does that name represent? Well, as with this blog, many things.

Northern Lights obviously refers to the Aurora Borealis. But is also used in reference to a certain type of Suplex used in Amateur & Professional Wrestling, as well as Sports Entertainment & Mixed Martial Arts.

Altair is in reference to the Star in the Aquila Constellation. As well as a reference to the Japanese Tokusatsu Super Hero "Kamen Rider Zeronos" who has a form called Altair Form. And Altair is yet another reference to the town in the video game "Final Fantasy II" for the Famicom (Japanese Nintendo Entertainment System).

And both Northern Lights & Altair are in reference to, well...my name being of a Heavenly Sort.

So I hope you enjoy this new format of this blog, and maybe even if you don't normally like some of the subjects I'll be talking about, you'll be able to enjoy reading what I have to say about it.

It works a lot better if I talk about what I like, instead of what I don't like, right?

1 comment:

  1. I have followed Tack for a number of years, and have enjoyed his work. Confident of his past works, I now look forward to what he will bring to the table now. Tack, where ever you are in Cyber Space, may your art continue it's upward flight. All the best, Mike Ray (Oklahoma City-Indianapolis)

    ReplyDelete